About the Program
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone should:
Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings and when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
To learn more please visit: cdc.gov
As part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services we are now contracted as a mental health provider to provide free counseling services to those individuals that have a positive COVID-19 test result.
Steps You’ll Need to Take
● Have a copy of your test results showing that you have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
● Click the “Make a referral” link on the home page and complete the demographic information that is required. Or you can call the office at (404) 209-1209
● Complete electronic intake forms and submit a copy of your photo ID
● Agree to our company COVID-19 policies and procedures
● Agree to participate in Telehealth treatment via Video and Telephone.
● Agree to maintain social distancing until you have received a negative COVID-19 test
Once we have added you to the roster in the HRSA system, we will be assigned a patient Identification number so we can begin treatment. We hope you get healthy soon and will be here through these difficult times.